The traditional application management definition is today being challenged by enterprises seeking better growth and infrastructural development. The initial development of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), microservices architecture, improved software configuration, containerized features; such developments have allowed the enterprises to finely distribute the functioning of the applications. This has also reduced the risk of integration and deployment of applications as they won’t directly affect the functioning of the app.
Containerization of the application means a complete transformation of the traditional method that was followed for the app development. The complete application development lifecycle- ideation, features, development, test, deployment, and operations need to be transformed to suit modern techniques of application development. Application management is not just conditioned; it’s managed as a single aimed application during the runtime. Today, the applications are a collection of distributed microservices and each application is defined by its features.
Application management is a true integration of the agile development method with DevOps principles. Business clients usually deal with one end of application management and operations with other.
Here are some steps that can be followed with changing approaches.
1. Applications focused on the business-domain should see a transition in the architecture.
2. Best practices to define the training of developers and ensure microservices provide the desired functionality.
3. A continuous deployment into production means that reduction in time to market such products. A robust development, software configuration, and test automation can reduce your downtime.
4. A distributed environment and microservices means that the operations are simplified in the case of management.
Enterprises rely on different applications dealing with different work processes for the smoother work environment to maximize efficiency and productivity. Dealing with each application on a different level means that for streamlined operation of business you need to have different management solutions for the app. Containerization reduces the risk of hampering the single app with redistributing the features. Containerization has also given rise to the need of application-centric business that has led to the ingestion of Application Performance Management (APM) solutions.
APM is used for management and supervising of performance and accessibility of different software applications. APM helps the enterprise to observe the complex application performance issues so that all the services are maintained to the optimal level. Most enterprises have to deal with a multitude of business requirements and operation complexities so concluding on a single Application management solution will be exhaustive. For more information about the application management downloads a whitepaper.
Here are top 10 application management solutions to help you decide, based on performance and your requirements:
1. AskLytics: AskLytics is focused on the solution of development for the DevOps that uses probabilistic approach rather than a deterministic one. It helps in better coordination between the operation and the developer team by giving them a platform that enables infrastructure-centric application performance analytics. The company can use its core analytics model and machine learning algorithm for empowering the technical team to streamline their software delivery and operational workflow.
2. Avada Software: Avada has a unique selling point with visibility and permission model that empowers individual business units with privileged access and provide them visibility into the target environment. It not only provides them with an infrastructure group but also an enterprise tool for management.
3. Boston Soft Design: Designing and implementing cloud architecture for your web applications in regards to your business requirements and security goals. Automation of development, assembly, testing, deployment, and delivery of applications based on different CI/CD tools. Development of a roadmap for implementation and optimization of practices and tools for software development used in DevOps practices.
4. Correlsense: A leading enterprise in Application Performance Management (APM) delivers its business-critical applications. SharePath software enables businesses and IT teams of an enterprise to effectively isolate and diagnose the performance problems in real time. It also gives an in-depth analytics to promote continuous improvement in the monitored mobile apps, Cloud, data center, and mainframe.
5. DynaTrace: Dynatrace is an application performance management tool and is used for advanced monitoring Java and .NET applications. It helps in identifying the errors and barriers in the applications. PurePath technology is used by DynaTrace for end-to-end transactional level details across all services and database.
6. ExtraHop Networks: ExtraHop is built in to meet the dynamic demands and scale the enterprise, according to the modern requirements. Manage different on-premises environment to cloud infrastructure that enables the network in providing security and IT visibility. Insights from advanced machine learning can help to classify each asset of the enterprise.
7. Datacom: Datacom is an IT management software company that manages the development, deployment, and operation of different IT services. Along with varies cloud services and data centers to meet the modern technology requirements.
8. GSX Solutions: GSX Solutions monitors different environments both online and offline connected to your network without consuming the server processing capacity. It provides a single interface to control the environment without having to deal with other professional arms.
9. ManageEngine: ManageEngine crafts comprehensive IT management software to deal with issues of network management and devices management. Provide easy solutions to security and service desk optimizing the IT requirements.
10. eCube Systems: eCube Systems provide comprehensive solutions to the enterprises with any in-house or cloud applications. Include efficient, scalable, and comprehensive model for business development.
There are many other application management solutions available like Insight ETE, NodeSource, Pulseway, Unravel, Xorus, Parasoft, Riverbed Technology, SolarWinds, and TechExcel. Application management solutions depend on enterprise requirements that could be determined while looking towards the areas that need maximum technological interference. As each of the above solutions is catered towards different enterprise with various requirements, it’s important that you understand the organizational goals before diving into Application Management Solution.
For more information, you can download a whitepaper on Application management solutions