- Harmonic is a leading company in virtualized cable access and video delivery solutions.
- Harmonic’s groundbreaking CableOS virtualized access solution is expected to drive over 2 million cable modems worldwide.
- The company is expected to offer expert insights into the latest cable industry trends at the Cable-Tec Expo.
Harmonic is a leading company in virtualized cable access and video delivery solutions that declared its virtualization achievements and access network technologies. Harmonic’s pioneering CableOS virtualized access solution is now driving over 2 million cable modems across the globe. From which, about 1.4 million modems are connected via a distributed access architecture (DAA). The company is an expert in DAA, and DAA deployments are more than 10,000 Harmonic Remote-PHY devices that are operated worldwide.
Jeff Heynen, Senior Research Director at Dell’Oro Group, commented: “We continue to see a steady shift among major cable operators towards virtual CCAP and DAA deployments. The combination of virtualization and DAA give operators the ability to scale more easily and have far more flexibility in how they design their networks and deliver services in the future.”
Harmonic’s headship in virtualized access and DAA technologies is further emphasized by 11 new CableOS customer deployments this year. It comprises recent wins with a leading operator in Asia, DNA in Finland, and Canadian telecommunications providers Access Communications and Seaside Communications, getting the total number of deployments worldwide to 38.
Nimrod Ben-Natan, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Cable Access Business at Harmonic, commented: “As the growing market leader in virtualized cable access and DAA, we are shaping the future of broadband.” Further, he added, “We are leveraging our market momentum and technological leadership to expand the scope and pace of innovation further. We have made exciting progress in advanced trials of converged cable- and FTTH-based broadband service delivery, and we have a rich pipeline of innovative new bandwidth expansion and cloud edge capabilities.”
Harmonic is expected to show its industry-leading virtualized and distributed access solutions during the upcoming all-digital SCTE•ISBE Cable-Tec Expo. A demonstration will include the following pointers:
- Outdoor Network Edge Platform
- CableOS Cloud-Native Core Platform
- Low Latency DOCSIS
- CableOS Central
Harmonic will also offer expert insights into the latest cable industry trends at the Cable-Tec Expo:
- Andrii Vladyka, Harmonic’s Technical Product Manager, Cable Access, will present a paper on “Virtualization and Edge Compute Evolution in Cable,” on October 14, 2020, from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm EDT.
- Asaf Matatyaou, Vice President of Solutions and Product Management for the Cable Access Business at Harmonic, will engage in a panel discussion with Intel. The session “Utilizing Distributed Software and Multipurpose Computing for DAA,” will occur in the Imagine Zone on Wednesday, October 14, 2020, from 11:00 am to 11:30 am EDT.