- Qualys Inc. has entered into a partnership with Red Hat.
- The partnership aims to drive greater security for both the container and host operating system for Red Hat OpenShift.
A frontrunner of disruptive cloud-based IT, security, and compliance solutions, Qualys Inc., has entered into a partnership with Red Hat. The motto behind the collaboration is to drive greater security for both the container and host operating system for Red Hat OpenShift.
In collaboration with Red Hat, Qualys provides a unique approach facilitating a containerized Qualys Cloud Agent to extend security for the operating system. The Qualys Container Security solution paired with the Cloud Agent for Red Hat Enterprise Linux CoreOS on OpenShift delivers continuous packages and vulnerabilities for the whole Red Hat OpenShift stack.
Qualys’ solution is created on the Qualys Cloud Platform, and it seamlessly merges with customers’ vulnerability management workflows, reports, and metrics to help reduce risk.
The Qualys Cloud Agent for Red Hat Enterprise Linux CoreOS on Red Hat OpenShift support customers:
- Get the full inventory view– Full-time access of open ports, installed software, and Red Hat Security Advisories (RHSA) present for all Red Hat Enterprise Linux CoreOS nodes with comprehensive reporting.
- Controlling host hygiene – Complete integration with the Qualys Cloud Platform that automatically detects and handles host status concerning patches and compliance adherence for known vulnerabilities.
- Quickly deploy to the host – Easy deployment through the Qualys Cloud Agent helps secure the host operating system. Such an approach eliminates the need to modify the host, open ports, or manage credentials.
- Get complete coverage– Red Hat OpenShift with Qualys Container security helps deliver comprehensive visibility from the host operating system to images and containers running on OpenShift.
View’s from expert’s
Aaron Levey, Head of Global Security Ecosystem – ISV Strategy at Red Hat, said: “Security is one of the biggest areas of concern for nearly every organization, and we believe that a strong partner ecosystem helps to address these concerns by giving our customers a wide range of solution choices.”
He further added: “Qualys’ Cloud Platform and Cloud Agent helps administrators gain deeper visibility into known vulnerabilities that may be present on their Red Hat Enterprise Linux CoreOS nodes with pointers to associated Red Hat Security Advisories, leaning on the expertise of Red Hat as well as Qualys’ own skills in driving cloud-native security.”
Sumedh Thakar, President and CEO of Qualys, stated: “As security teams look to support modern applications built on cutting edge technology like Red Hat OpenShift, they need to secure both the running container images and the underlying OpenShift cluster.”
He added: “By collaborating with Red Hat, we have built a unique approach to secure Red Hat Enterprise Linux CoreOS that provides complete control over containerized workloads enhancing Qualys’ ability to help customers discover, track and continuously secure containers.”