Video banking brings the in-person, bank branch experience to the customer – safely and, with the right technology, securely – anywhere, at any time, from any device. Video banking leverages video chat technology to facilitate a face-to-face, two-way conversation between a banking professional and a customer over the Internet. Video chat is synchronous communication – it all happens in real-time, with no delay. This visual engagement technology allows for real-time collaboration using screen sharing, cobrowsing, co-form fill, and secure file transfer.
Video banking is a way to engage customers and provide services that is uniquely suited to the changing behavior of today’s consumers and the restrictions of the current environment. The benefits of video banking include:
- Engaging customers at their convenience
- Providing customer service faster and more efficiently
- Increasing customer acquisition and expanding banking relationships
- Moving bank processes to become more customer-centric
- Increasing customer loyalty, building valuable customer relationships