Modern-day industrial operations often span complex information technology (IT) and operational technology (OT) infrastructures. In a standard environment, thousands of devices exist and increasingly connected via the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). This creates new challenges in securing industrial environments, making vulnerabilities and cyber threats more difficult to detect, investigate and remediate.
Today’s attack surface now encompasses both IT and OT. With the connection of these two worlds, an attack that starts on the IT side can quickly move to your OT environment and vice versa.
Lateral movement is a preferred attack method for attackers because once they find a weak link in your system, they can leverage it as a point of entry and then own your entire network.
Download this whitepaper to learn:
- The growing convergence of OT and IT
- The growing attack surface and vectors
- The disconnect between IT and OT security practices
- Best security and compliance practices for industrial networks
- The benefits of converged IT/OT security