- ScImage receives Frost & Sullivan’s 2020 North America Enabling Technology Leadership Award.
- PICOM365 platform allows physicians to access all necessary tools to view and interpret videos and images from anywhere using a standard platform.
- The company recently incorporated PicomAlerts to caution consumers in case of any performance issues.
- Frost & Sullivan Best Practices awards recognize organizations in a variety of regional and global markets.
2020 North America Enabling Technology Leadership Award
ScImage, Inc. (ScImage) publicized receiving Frost & Sullivan’s 2020 North America Enabling Technology Leadership Award for its Cloud-based Enterprise Imaging Solutions (PICOM365). ScImage is a California-based company and a leading enterprise imaging solution provider in the US, delivering pioneering imaging and workflow solutions to the healthcare industry.
Being a pure cloud-based solution, ScImage offers a seamless interface, best-in-class accessibility, and integration with third-party imaging tools for physicians that allow them to understand images from a comprehensive and single database.
Based on consumer’s feedback, ScImage developed the PICOM365 platform. With architecture thoroughly designed to optimize the cloud, the PICOM365 platform enables fast, agile software development cycles that are quick to deploy and respond quickly to changing industry trends and consumer demands. ScImage’s latest PICOM365 platform is customizable to health institutions’ fluctuating requirements.
The company recently incorporated PicomAlerts, a unique monitoring system that plays a vital role by sending an alert to consumers in case of performance issues that could prevent imaging orders. Also, it empowers PICOM365 to fix potential problems automatically before the consumer experiences gaps or lags in workflows.
The company is innovating its product portfolio following consumer’s evolving business requirements. The PICOM365 Cloud is now home to more than 100 institutions for complex clinical imaging and reporting secure image exchange and interoperability.
Complete imaging process
- Compliant with HL7 (Health Level Seven International) standards, the PICOM365 platform employs proprietary SmartStreaming to decrease lags while reading images.
- Smart edge devices get imaging orders, store them in cloud, and later boost the modality worklist.
- After image acquisition, the collected information goes back to the edge device and gets stored in the PICOM365 Cloud.
- The intelligent edge device identifies physicians’ locations and fetches images from the nearest PICOM365 Cloud or edge cache for onsite and offsite physicians.
- Remotely, users could access images immediately and in seconds.
Suresh Kuppuswamy, Industry Principal – Transformational Healthcare at Frost & Sullivan, commented: “ScImage has leveraged its foundational expertise to deliver an end-to-end enterprise imaging platform. With the architecture thoroughly designed to optimize the cloud, PICOM365 aids fast, agile software development cycles, is easily deployable, and responds rapidly to changing market trends and customer demands.”
He further added, “Built natively on Microsoft Azure Cloud, PICOM365 is a unique hyper-scalable, multi-tenant, and multi-regional medical imaging infrastructure that brings proactive monitoring to diagnostic imaging workflows.”
Norma Vela Roch, Research Analyst, Best Practices at Frost & Sullivan, commented: “PICOM365’s redundancy and resiliency due to its public cloud and multi-region architecture provide location-independent, low-latency image viewing and reporting experience for all users.”
She further added, “The company’s software-as-a-service pricing model enables smaller private providers to access PICOM365 with low up-front costs. It offers a software-lease and a cost-per-study pricing model for larger institutions, giving health institutions the flexibility to pay based on their use. Its pricing model and advanced customer support have enabled ScImage to achieve an unprecedented 99% customer retention rate and positioned it for further growth.”
Frost & Sullivan, every year, presents this award to an organization that develops unique technology and enhances novel product portfolio and applications. The award acknowledges the high market acceptance ability of the recipient’s technology.
Best Practices awards
Frost & Sullivan Best Practices awards recognize organizations in various regional and worldwide markets for exhibiting remarkable achievement and exceptional performance in areas such as strategic product development, leadership, consumer service, and technological innovation. Industry analysts compare industry participants and evaluate performance via in-depth analysis, interviews, and extensive secondary research to recognize best practices in the industry.